2. Stewed Cabbage With Lamb
Prep Time: 10 mins; Cooking Time: 25 mins; Total Time: 35 mins; Serves: 2
- 1/2 cup ground lamb
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cloves
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
How To Prepare
- Marinate the lamb with lime juice, salt, and half a teaspoon of black pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the bay leaf, cinnamon, and clove. Let it cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the lamb, stir well, and cover. Cook until the lamb is half-cooked.
- Add the cabbage, salt, turmeric, and black pepper.
- Stir to combine well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off, stir well, and check if the lamb and the cabbage are cooked well.
- If not, add a little water, cover, and let it cook for 7 minutes.
- Once the cabbage and the lamb are cooked, serve hot.